REPLY

Sunday, August 5, 2012

What I believe in.

I hardly ever miss church, and when I do it's only been under circumstances where one of my children are ill, out of town (which is very rare), or morning sickness. In this case it was a child being ill.

Luckily a friend of mine came to my rescue today to drop off some calamine lotion for my daughter who got poison oak during girls camp. Hopefully that will do the trick. This home remedy stuff just didn't seem to work.

Since I wasn't at church today to share my testimony  I'd like to share with y'all online as to what I believe in.

Believe 
verb [trans]

I accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.
*Accept the statement of (someone) as true.
*[intrans.] Have faith.

The Lord has been good to me, and our family. Every once in a while He throws obstacles in our way, and those little tests are trials of our faith. For the past 20 years I have realized that I would never have a testimony if there was nothing to build on it. Trials, and blessings is what builds my testimony. I allow nothing to get in the way of that.


Absolutely nothing.


Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us. I believe that if we get down on our knees to thank Him for all of our blessings, and ask Him for guidance that He will listen. Everything is God's will, and I'm a firm believer in that. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He died for us so that we can live, and experience all the heartaches, laughter, drama, and everything negative that comes our way. Happiness, and laughter is the easy part, but it is up to us in how to handle all the trials, heartaches, and the negativity that drama can bring in hopes that the results are positive.


He is my example of service. His example alone is enough for me to strive every day to help someone in need. He is my rock, and our redeemer. I also believe that there is a prophet that leads, and guides us today in these latter days to help us get through the daily mundane. All we have to do is open our ears, and listen...I mean seriously heed his words with good intent. We have had prophets since the beginning of time, and we have them today. I believe that to be true. 


Besides the Holy Bible...I believe in another testament of Jesus Christ called the Book of Mormon, and everything that is written in it is true. Since my conversion I have always known the special power that comes from that book when it is being read. I remember the feeling I got when I first opened the book, and the tears that began to stream down my face knowing that I finally found something that fills my soul.
 I don't ever want that to go away. 


Ever.


We try our best every day to study the scriptures as a family because it is important. Without the scriptures I'd be lost, and have no idea who I would be today, and how my children would behave. 


No idea, and I don't ever want to imagine. 


I love my family, and they are the most important thing in this world. I want to be the best example I can be as a wife, mother, daughter, neighbor, friend, and sister. I'm grateful for motherhood, and for having the Lord on my side to teach them true, and proper principles. I love the Lord Jesus Christ, and I will always strive hard to be like Him. 


I remember how it felt to be lost, unloved, alone, confused, tired, and it was not happiness. I don't ever want to give up on myself, my family, friends, and even those who are less active in the church.


Never.


 I am so grateful for the testimony that I have of the Savior, and to be able to share it with you. I leave it with you in the name of Jesus Christ.
 Amen.


**If you'd like a free copy of the Book of Mormon please leave me a message. I will either mail it to you, or go with the missionaries to give it to you personally (if you live in Jersey.) No strings attached (except that you find the time to read it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment