REPLY

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

work hard, follow your dreams, & never give up.

Music indeed heals the soul. I hear it at church, and I hear it at home every single day. I hear it at yearly piano & violin recitals, and beginning in January of 2013... I am going to hear it in an orchestra.

To have three daughters so musically inclined is a blessing, and no matter how tired I may get of them constantly playing on the piano...I don't ever want to take music for granted.

This past Sunday Chelsea performed in front of numerous patients at a nursing home, and it was gratifying to see little old ladies with smiles on their faces singing along as she played "We Three Kings."

The week couldn't get any better.

Yesterday Lexie called me from school during advisory class to inform me about an email that her music teacher received. I am not one to check my email right away because mornings are pretty busy for me with the kids, but she told me to respond to the email right away because apparently the auditions chairman for the All South Jersey Jr. Orchestra opened up a chair for her!
She had auditioned for the All South Jersey Jr. Orchestra earlier in the month, but didn't make the cut. Due to a shortage of viola players they added a third section of violin players, and chose the next seven from the original cut-off list.

Lexie was on that list of seven violinists.

We are the happiest parents on earth, and look forward in seeing Lexie performing on stage in an orchestra next year. This will be a great experience for her, and a dream come true!

We are so pleased with our daughters accomplishments, and throughout their young lives as they continue to work hard in their efforts with their music. They don't take it lightly, and really strive hard to do their best.
Jorgensen girls, piano recital, circa-2011
We have no part in it except to encourage them with words of wisdom which is to work hard, follow your dreams, and never give up.
The best Christmas gift they can give me this year, and every year of my life is the gift of music. Hearing the sounds of them playing the piano & violin is all I need to live a life of fulfillment.

They have all improved so much throughout the years, and if you don't mind clicking on a few links to hear our daughters musical talent you can see them herehere, here & here, or feel free to go to my YouTube channel on the side bar of this blog to watch more random videos of Sierra singing while playing the piano.

Yes...I like to brag about our girls, and since they don't brag about themselves...I do it for them (wink!)


No comments:

Post a Comment