REPLY

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Cabin Fever.

There's something so special about the first snowfall that has families venturing out building snow caves, and a snowman, but after weeks of not having it fall consistently I begin to become stagnant, and I'm like, "I'm over this, and I'm so ready for spring." Maybe I've been away from Utah too long that I've become accustomed to having major winter storms every three years. Then again...when I lived in Utah I wasn't like an avid skier or anything, heck I didn't even ski, but what we would do as a family is drive up to the canyons, hike, and just admire the fluffy snow, and have the kids play in it for hours! One thing that keeps me having a love for winter regardless if there's hardly any snow are the kids. They make winter fun, and seeing the joy they have for it, and seeing it through their eyes makes living in this season worthwhile, and I don't get the blues too much. 

Cabin fever always kicks in after being cooped up in the house for a couple of days. Especially when it falls on a Saturday. As much as I love being in the comforts of my own home I need to get out, and once these kids get restless, and start running amuck all around the house I know it's time to get them out. 

Last Saturday was one of those days. 

It had snowed two days before, and we decided to venture out to a park in Pemberton. Sometimes I just like driving out of our comfort zone, and because the kids like that park so much we thought it would be "snow free." We figured since the snow had already melted in our area, and that the grass was visible that perhaps there would be no snow in the parks. 

Wrong. 

There was plenty of snow on the ground once we arrived, but that didn't stop the kids from getting down, and enjoying themselves. We were out for about an hour, and once the kids began feeling the numbness in their toes, and hands we knew it was time to go. We're so crazy! There were two other families out with their kids so I didn't feel as if I was the craziest mom on the planet for taking my kids out in cold temperatures.

I captured a few photos of being at one park without snow which was about a week ago with mild temps. 

// sure felt like spring on this day! //
// this is one of my favorite photos of Noah. // 

And some from this past Saturday with snow, and cold temperatures. 
I've realized that at this age (like I'm so old) that I have a choice to make the winter days blue or joyful. I choose the latter, and I'm so grateful to still have two young human beings running around who keep my heart young!

 It looks like snow all day today (let's see how long that'll last), and that we have at least five more weeks of winter so I am determined to make the best of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment