REPLY

Monday, August 14, 2017

A Reminder: 14 Years Later.

"Marriage is the foundry for social order, the fountain of virtue, and the foundation for eternal elation. Marriage has bene divinely designated as an eternal and everlasting covenant. Marriage is sanctified when it is cherished and honored in holiness. That union is not merely between husband, and wife; it embraces a partnership with God. "Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other. Children born of that marital union are "an heritage of the Lord." Marriage is but the beginning bud of family life;parenthoodis its flower. And that bouquet becomes even more beautiful when graced with grandchildren. Families may become as eternal as the Kingdom of God itself. 
~Elder Russell M. Nelson


Summer is definitely a time where we are able to do more things as a family, and attending the temple is one of them. It's hard for the girls to go throughout the school year because of school activities, games on the weekends, but if there is a window open on Saturday that is free you bet we will make an effort to go. Noah who turns eight soon is developing a deeper appreciation for the temple. He loves it when we go, and even though he can't go inside he loves being on the temple grounds. He constantly has been asking when we are going to the temple. When Sunday comes around he asks if we are going this week. It humbles my heart to hear him ask that question. I'm constantly planting that seed in his heart to know that the temple brings joy to families, and a lot of love. 


As a mother, and member of the church I am so grateful for all that I have learned when it comes to the temple. I know that the more I attend, the more I'll learn, and grow spiritually. I love the reminder I have to look back on as I scroll down the archives of my blog, and this article that was published by Deseret News four years ago. 
Although we weren't "married' in the temple, being sealed to Jon, and our two oldest daughters (who were then (eight, and three) for eternity was a goal that was accomplished with a humble heart. Having Noah and Chelsea being born under the covenant was extremely special, and is something that I will always remember, and a story to tell my kids every time we have a family home lesson on eternal families, and marriage. 

It is my hope that my children have a soulmate to take them to the temple for all time and eternity. I want them to find their imperfect prince/princess to hold their hand while entering, and exiting the temple, and to settle for nothing less. 

How grateful I am for the temples, and for the opportunity we have to be able to enter in to feel closer to God, and help us to become better husbands, wives, daughters, sons, and overall...better people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment