REPLY

Thursday, August 17, 2017

In The Kitchen With Noah.

Family home evening can definitely be a benefit to do every week because it will teach your kids to have the desire to bake, and by the time they are ten they will have learned how to bake on their own without any guidance!! No joke! Every week the kids always want to bake or make something that's sweet, and since our kitchen is always stocked with flour and sugar, and chocolate chips I don't see why not! 


Baking is NOT my forte, and it's probably a good thing because if I was I'd probably be baking everyday of the year, and I would be in big trouble with my weight! Growing up my mom didn't bake at all. She cooked more than she baked, and in all honesty never allowed us to cook with her in the kitchen. She was very protective of us getting burned, or making a mess when she made homemade tortillas. There was a time when she did let me roll the dough and make my own tortilla with Micky mouse ears. Other than that I don't recall ever stepping on a stool standing by her side baking cookies, or helping out with dinner. The only thing my sister and I would do was take turns washing dishes. 

I know that because of her example didn't give me the desire to cook right away or at all. I do however remember having to cook on my own when I went to college, and lived on my own. I pretty much learned from the memories I had when I would sneak behind the curtain that was hung between the kitchen, and the bedroom to see how she would make rice, and beans. 

And that was pretty easy. 

Now that I have my own kids I allow them to do whatever they want in the kitchen when it comes to cooking and baking. Sierra LOVES to bake, and I sure do miss her sopapillas. Lexie has become a really good cook, and Chelsea is still at a stage where she wants to bake all the time, and I love it when winter comes because ever since she was little she loves making tortillas. My kids definitely have a sweet tooth! 
Noah on the other hand always wants to put on an apron, pull out the measuring cups, grab a bowl, and start pouring flour, and sugar, and all the ingredients that are required to bake cookies! He loves mixing the batter as you can see in this short video, and putting on sprinkles after making cupcakes. He is such a little helper, and as long as he is being supervised in the kitchen while helping his sisters bake or cook is fine by me. 
And the end result is always delicious with a huge smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment