REPLY

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Yale University Art Gallery.

With summer coming to an end we decided to sneak in a day trip to the Yale University Art Gallery. These spontaneous day trips have been so much fun for the kids. We love New England, and all that this part of the country has to offer, and the fact that it's only a two hour drive makes it easier for us to travel there. If you follow me on my Instagram you can still catch a glimpse of our day spent here on my Insta stories!

We really enjoyed our time around Yale, and the museums are all worth going to. The gallery we went to this time is free to the public which was nice, and one of the coolest I've ever been to. We were there for two hours, but I think we could have stayed an extra hour to look more closely at the exhibits. We did see a lot, and really enjoyed the depictions behind some of the paintings. 

Here are a few random photos, and some of my favorite paintings...
  "Looks like something out of a comic book." -Noah
  Ok, so the picture with Noah has been edited, but the original is the one below taken with no filter. Noah loved this one because it was so colorful. 
  It's so interesting to hear Noah's thoughts about the pictures and displays. Ever since he watched "night at the museum" this "Thinking" sculpture has become his favorite, and always says to himself, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking." It's cute, and hilarious! You have to be there! 
  "No Noah, it's not Chewbacca without his face." Noah found this one particularly interesting. 
I really love this painting. It's titled the "Another fight for Remembrance." You depict it how you like!
This one is "different", but because it's George Washington decided to put it on here! It's titled, "Shadows of Liberty."
 I love Monet. (no filter)
 And Van Gogh is my favorite. This painting depicts a public garden in Paris. 
Such a wonderful place to spend indoors while it rained. It was a great day, and what made it better was the fact that we drove an extra 45 minutes to Mystic to have dinner at one of our favorite pizza places. 
Connecticut...you never disappoint, and I am grateful for this time to spend together with my kids as Jon works hard for us to be able to make these trips possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment