REPLY

Friday, October 13, 2017

Mum Picking At Our Favorite Garden!

Autumn has finally arrived, and it definitely felt like fall today! I was in the mood to pick some mums so after the kids got out of school we went to our favorite mum garden. We discovered this mum garden last fall when we moved here, and it has become our desired mum spot! The owners are super friendly, and I'm always happy to give them business. So if you are in the area, and in the market for some beautiful mums at a great price come to good earth nursery before they get picked over! 


Picking mums is one of the kids favorite things to do in the fall. When we lived in our old place I remember how the girls were always excited to see mums on our little porch. A "sure sign of fall" they would say. They knew that fall was in the air when they came home and saw colorful flowers on the porch. Now that we have a bigger porch, and a stoop we buy bigger mums, and a few pumpkins to add a little spice to our little white house. (There's more on my Insta stories too if you'd like to check it out!)

It only took us half an hour to pick mums, and of course I captured more than a few shots of the kids walking around the garden as they were deciding which color mums to buy. I love watching the kids pick and choose. Noah seems to be the only one in the bunch who immediately chose a mum. He's not as picky as his sisters when it comes to choosing. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but he had so much fun strolling through the mum garden. 

Such a fun, and simple afternoon mum picking with the kids. I'm hoping this weather is here to stay, but was informed by Jenna the owner that it's suppose to be 80 degrees tomorrow! I don't mind it too much since I'm originally from Texas. I can tolerate warm fall weather for a while. At least the colors are changing, and that we have some fall foliage! 

No comments:

Post a Comment