REPLY

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sierra Live, & A Few YouTube Videos.

Since Sierra left for school to Utah writing about her on my blog has shifted. I respect her privacy, and will ask her if she wouldn't mind me writing about her. Although she tells me I never need to ask, I do. Only because she has been through a heck of a lot in the past four years of her life, and as a mother wants to make sure she is healthy, and happy. Most of all happy.
I know she copes well when there's music involved, and that music is her solace. A drug if you will to ease any pain that she may be dealing with. It heals her soul, and rests her mind. She blows me away when it comes to her playing. She can compose a piece of music at the drop of a hat. Just ask her to play anything, and without hesitation she can do it. She is multi talented, and I am so grateful for the god-given gift she has with music.

Since she obliged, you better believe I'm going to blog about it, and share her talent because isn't that what moms do? Especially when it comes to her talent in playing the piano, and singing. She is as talented as any other famous musician out there (except she doesn't get paid), and is phenomenal when she does. Underneath that elegant surface when it comes to playing she has an adventurous spirit which makes her who she is. She has been working hard on getting her life back on track by being "single again" all while making music. 
A couple of weeks ago she had an open mic at her place of employment. She has been an employee of Riverton music for over two years now, and loves it. I think her favorite part of working there is the fact that she is surrounded by really nice grand pianos! She wrote this original song of her own called "Help Them", and also did a cover of Capital Cities "Safe and Sound" which you can listen on my YouTube channel. She plays beautifully, and her music, and words describe her life. She always stops me in my tracks when she begins to sing, and I'm not saying that because I'm biased, or because she's my kid, but because her words are so sincere. I hope that you will find her music inspirational! 
 
So if you ever travel to Utah, or live anywhere in the salt lake valley don't miss out whenever Sierra has the opportunity to perform. She will usually put it on her Instagram, or on her Snapchat. You can also follow and listen to some of her other music on Soundcloud.com and subscribe to her YouTube channel. 

Enjoy, and have a wonderful Wednesday folks! 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment