REPLY

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Noah's A Cub Scout!

When I wrote this post five years ago I didn't think that we'd end up at this point that quickly. It's moments like this where time flees too fast, and now our son is a Cub Scout! Writing about my Cub Scout is a big deal for me because a) he's my only son b) I didn't grow up with my brother so I have no idea what it takes to be a scout, and c) because I'm a mom, and as a woman am eager to learn with my son as he grows, and excels as a Boy Scout. 

If you follow me on Instagram there's a story on  my Insta stories about last night. Before the ceremony the kids played red light, green light with "boo" and "trick or treat" signs standing in as the red and green light signs. Such a great group of boys and they all had fun. 
I don't think Noah knew what to expect when it came to earning an award, but he was sitting patiently waiting for the time to call up his name. He's so cute, and was such a little gentleman when he pinned the bobcat pin on me. It brought me so much joy when he did!
I was so excited, and I'm so glad I was there to help him along the way in doing what he needed to do to earn the Bobcat award. My husband earned his eagle when he was 17, but a lot has changed in 30 years so Jon is having to relearn some of the things he did. He wasn't there last night because of work, but you better believe next time Noah earns another award that he'll be present. 
These small moments are a big deal especially to a little boy because I saw it Noah's face all evening long. He's still processing what it means to be a Cub Scout, and we'll "get it" soon, but for now he's being a kid, learning, and having fun along the way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment