REPLY

Monday, October 30, 2017

Trunk Or Treat & A Pumpkin Carving Weekend!

This past weekend we had our church trunk or treat, and my family finally carved their pumpkins. This month seems to be passing us way too quickly, and because of that every outing, and activity we've had slips through my life like dust, and just like that it's over! I begin to feel melancholy because I really want this time of year to drag more slowly!
 My mother in law made Noah's costume again. He really wanted to be a transformer this year, but time permitted to make such a detailed costume, and after watching some old episodes of batman and robin Noah said, "Robin!" I can be Robin mommy!" My heart went pitter pat, because in all honesty I'd rather have him be Robin than Optimus Prime. Don't get me wrong, I love transformers, and the whole story behind them, but I love all things batman, and knowing that Noah was going to be Robin brought some relief knowing that his grandma wouldn't have to make such a detailed costume!
Our trunk or treat this year was simple, and even though it was planned at the last minute we had a pretty good turnout. The kids still had their fun, and came home with a good amount of candy. Noah's school's teacher was Snape, and because of that had to take a photo! Noah loves Harry Potter, and he really had a fun time! 
We picked our pumpkins a couple of weeks ago, and because the kids wanted to carve their pumpkins with papa waited until a Saturday where we had no plans. This past Saturday was it, and so the kids went to town tracing, carving, gutting, and scooping. 






Carving these pumpkins literally took all day, and Chelsea had to leave for a party that Lexie had to help finish gutting it all the way, and carve it! The end result was awesome! We went to Michael's to buy some candles, and lit them that evening. 
Now it's raining, and they haven't been lit in two days. I don't mind rain, but let's hope it subsides because I want to experience more fall weather, and go for a drive to look at some foliage before it's all gone! 

Have a great week folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment