REPLY

Monday, October 16, 2017

Being "Booed"-A Fun, Random Act Of Kindness.

I had never been "booed" or ever heard of a "boo" until I moved to Utah, and I thought it was the funnest thing ever.  Recently I had a friend from Texas ask me what a boo was and I explained to her what it was. I was shocked to learn that she didn't know what it was so for any of you out there who aren't familiar with what a "boo" is it's basically receiving treats with a note inside saying to pass it on, and boo two other people or families within 48 hours. Or for a specific example you can read this

I am a pretty big fan of Halloween, and love receiving yummy treats as well as giving to others! For the past nine years of living in Jersey we've been booed four times now. Not a lot, but at least someone started it in our neighborhood back when we lived in Blackwood. 

Since moving to the Robbinsville area we've been booed for two years in a row now, and got "booed" last week. Whether the boo came from someone in our church congregation or community it doesn't matter because it was the kindest thing ever! The fact that we got booed first got me excited to boo people again! The kids had so much fun putting treats together and passing on "the boo" and man, oh man did we have fun booing others! As I was driving down the street in my neighborhood I noticed at least eight boo signs on people's doors, and windows and my heart jumped for joy! It brought so much excitement to my soul that I was shouting, "Look! they put the boo sign on their door! Oh my gosh, there's another one! And another, and another!" I was literally jumping out of my seat smiling so big, and shed a tear drop or two because seeing my little community coming together, and passing on such a random act of kindness was such a sight to witness! So happy that some of my neighbors are participating and hope that this tradition will continue for as long as I live here! Whether a random neighbor, church member, or I start it, it's something that's fun, and simple to do, and it truly brings out the word unity in community, family bonding, and happiness all around! 

You don't need to know the person well, or at all to do a fun act of kindness. This is what coming together is all about, and you are doing service to your fellow man all in the name of fun! You never know whose face you'll put a smile on, and if it's a small child, then you have definitely made their month because my kids always have a fun reaction when they've seen that we've been booed! Love capturing those moments! 

This is the "boo" we just received last week! The kids were super excited to see what was inside! 

...and this is the boo we received last year! Just look at Chelsea's face! (Noah was asleep)
It's not too late to start a "boo" in your area so if you can make the time to do it, do it! Not only will it hype you up for Christmas, but it'll also make you feel better knowing you're doing something fun, but it'll also bring joy to your family! Such a simple, fun act of kindness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment