REPLY

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Fall Party.

Noah's second year in his new school has been successful, and he absolutely loves second grade. Most of all, he loves his teacher Mr. B., and I have to agree with him. So far this year has been pretty great. Last year I was so stressed when we moved, and when he enrolled he somewhat had a hard time adjusting, and  because his teacher and I butt heads a lot didn't help, but by the end of the school year we ended up loving each other, and wished his first grade teacher well, and thanked her for helping him through the transition, and for forgiving me for my grumpiness and all! 
So far this year has been a breeze for Noah in his class. He is excelling in each subject, and has gotten better at math, and reads like a pro. He never goes to bed at night without reading a book. I love the joy on his face when he comes home, and tells me about his day. Sometimes I don't even have to ask him, he'll just start talking, and I love that! That shows me that he really enjoys school, and what he learns. 
My favorite part of my kids elementary years is volunteering at their schools, and Noah recently had his fall party. I had so much fun last year at his winter, and spring parties that I had to volunteer again. As usual I always volunteer to read a story to the kids, and this time I chose the book A Halloween Scare in New Jersey. It felt fitting for the season especially since Halloween is just around the corner. You can see a snippet of me reading here
The party was a nice turnout. We had some games, and really cool parents who also helped out bringing cool crafts for the kids to make. They all had a choice to make a pumpkin, a cat, Frankenstein, and guess which one Noah chose? 
Frankenstein! 
It was such a joy to have helped out Mr. B, and look forward to the winter, and spring parties this school year. It truly is therapy for me to get involved in my community, and I have to say volunteering at Noah's school is a lot of fun. 
Especially since I get to spend an hour with my sweet boy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment