REPLY

Monday, October 23, 2017

Spooky Sleepy Hollow In New York!

Four years ago when I heard about Spooky Hollow, and all the fun events, and historic "spooky sites" including the old dutch cemetery where Washington Irving and his family are buried in I knew I had to visit. It's been on my bucket list since like forever but time on the weekends permitted us to go.  Jon worked weekends when we first moved to Jersey, and until he joined the UPS team four years ago I made it a goal to go to sleepy hollow, and so we finally went this past Saturday, and ventured all day there!

This place is something else. The small village of sleepy hollow is family friendly, and classy, and decked out in everything orange, and black and all things halloween. Including this firetruck with a headless fireman sitting in the front of the building. Noah got a kick out of that. 
Every retail store, and restaurant on Main Street is decked out with a headless horseman statue, including a fence filled with scary scarecrows all throughout the park. I tried to capture every moment on my camera, but because my kids were so enthralled with every thing they saw, I saw spooky hollow through their eyes. 
Not so scary during the day, but I'm sure it is at night. There are so many things to do here in spooky hollow which we didn't have time for including see antique shops in Tarrytown.There is a master storyteller that tells Washington Irving's -The Legend of Sleepy Hollow! Since we missed that part the kids settled for watching the movie "Sleepy Hollow" on the way home. There's also a late night lantern tour of the sleepy hollow cemetery! OOOOOh Myyyyyyy! I wish we could have seen more, and stayed the entire weekend, but maybe we can plan that another time!
It definitely is a welcoming touristy town, especially throughout the month of October, and everyone I spoke with whether it was a store, park, or restaurant were extremely nice. Maybe next year we will go to Horsemans Hollow where you walk along a swampy path, past grave yards, and knights and old men, and women who have gone mad. So 17th century! You then end up in Ichabod Crane's school house where the headless horseman awaits your arrival. YIKES!!! You need to get tickets way in advance for that event because they sell out pretty darn quick! 


Have a great weekend folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment