REPLY

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Noah's Nativity

And the angel said..."behold, I bring you good tidings of great JOY, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."
 (Luke 2:10-11)
Christmas, circa 2010
Last Christmas my mother in law bought Noah this Nativity set, and I can't even begin to tell you what a blessing it has been for him to have it out again this year. The minute Noah opened up the gift he immediately began playing with all the little people. It's different when you have a nice nativity set in your home. The kind you don't allow any kids to touch. This set is specifically made for little ones so they are 100% childproof. It cannot be broken or bent, and we love it! Sometimes I wonder if he knew what he was playing with at the time, and what the nativity meant.

Today...Noah LOVES setting it out all nice and neat, and putting all the little people in the stable. He especially loves putting the angel on top of the stable knowing that once you press down on that button, the light will light up and begin playing "Away in a Manger". Noah loves the sound of that music!
He'll bring it into our bedroom, and will set it out on my cedar chest. 
 I honestly believe that he has an appreciation for the baby Jesus. (He's not throwing Him or the little people around!)
His example to me is teaching me to have a bigger heart and even more compassion more than I will ever have as a mother. I love that he has so much love for almost anything and everything.
 He loves rocking the baby Jesus back and forth...
and giving the baby Jesus too many kisses. 
He love all the little people and the animals in the nativity set...there's a reason why his name is Noah.
This was the best gift that was given to him last year, and I am so glad to have it in our home. This is a memory that we will both treasure, and year after year this nativity will be taken out again and again not only to be played with, but to also remember the birth of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment