REPLY

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Simple Christmas

Although we didn't have snow on Christmas day we still managed to get into the spirit of the season. Our morning began by all the kids waking up at a later time than I was anticipating. I was actually up before they were! It was about 8:00 am when everyone woke up. We all gathered into the living area where they all looked into their stockings, and opened their gifts. It was fun watching the kids taking turns opening them. There is never any complaining or whining as to what gifts were given to them. Only smiles, and many "thank you's" were exchanged. It makes me completely happy to have grateful children! 
We attended a combined sacrament meeting with another ward, and it was so nice to see a full house. The Christmas season sure brings a feeling of peace inside. I wish we could always feel that way everyday, but with the world we live in today it's impossible. Therefore, it's up to us to make it peaceful. 

Jon and I didn't exchange gifts this year, and so we focused more on the children. Santa came in a hurry, and he only left a few gifts. Chelsea was the only one that noticed, and this year had a better understanding that Christmas is not about the gifts. She wasn't upset that Santa didn't get her what she asked for. I explained to her that sometimes Santa can't always get you what you want, and that it's the thought that Santa put in the gift that counts. I also let her know that Jesus and Santa have great communication, and that all those gifts written on her list were not necessary.
They were all pleased.
These two jumped for joy when they got their pajamas from the BYU bookstore in which their grandma from Utah sent. Sierra has her heart set into applying for this college (among others), in hopes that she'll get in. If she continues to keep her GPA at a 4.0 she'll have no problem. We shall see in another year! 
I had to put this photo into the blog. I think Noah felt a little left out as I was taking pictures of the girls, and so he decided to walk into this one. It made Sierra laugh because of the face he made. He's too cute not to be a part of the picture. 
Chelsea sporting her pajamas with frogs, and her frog slippers that grandma sent.
I just love my children so much. They truly are the drug that I need each day to uplift me. No matter what troubles come my way, besides praying to God...they are there to keep my mind off the spirit of contention. It seems that I have had a lot of that lately. I never let anything or anyone get to ruin my happiness in living the life that I live, and the things that I do. It makes me extremely grateful to have good friends that I can look up to besides my immediate family. I thank Heavenly Father for giving me the will to be strong, and in making this Christmas simple and sweet for my loved ones.

I hope to have many Christmases like this in the future (with snow of course), and like Charles Dickens once said, "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and keep it all the year." I pray to keep Christmas bottled up inside my heart all year long, and to strive to be an even better person next year.
I hope we all can. I hope we all can.

No comments:

Post a Comment