REPLY

Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's not about the necklace

"Yea, they had been taught by their mothers." 
~Alma 56:47
What a beautiful December it has been. Busy, but beautiful. Beautiful because my husband and I celebrated 17 years of marriage, and the fact that he puts time in on his days off to spend time with the kiddos, do some home teaching, and attend the temple makes all things merry and bright. He also has three Sundays off this whole month which is fantastic!! Oh...and his 41st birthday is tomorrow!

The best Sunday thus far was last week. I have never felt the spirit so strong within my heart, mind, and soul. It was the best Sunday for me because I accomplished something that I didn't grow up with that took me two years to complete, but 40 years to earn. What am I referring to is my Young women medallion.

Both my daughter and I accomplished this great goal, and together we received our medallions. We also both bore our testimonies on the purpose of achieving it as well as the love we have for the gospel. It feels so great to know that we accomplished this program for a purpose, and that it wasn't just about receiving the necklace. A friend of Sierra's in high school even called it "her bling". This was such an honor to receive, and to have accomplished it with my daughter has been such a blessing. I saw all the hard work, and countless hours she put in reading her scriptures, doing service projects, attending all her meetings, and participating in all the young women activities. Her example of following the Savior has been close to perfection, and it brings me great joy to know that she did this on her own motive. Her heart was totally into it as was mine.

How nice it would have been to have learned these values while I was a young teenager, but the Lord knows the direction we are all headed. My time was to have earned this is with me eldest daughter while being a mother to four wonderful children living in the Garden state.

Totally worth all the work and hours I put into receiving this. 
For all you young women, and mothers of every age, and I encourage you to work on this wonderful program. It will transform your life into a better disciple of Christ, and a mother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment