REPLY

Friday, December 23, 2011

Feed His sheep

 
Lately I have been reading on Facebook how people are helping others by lifting each other's spirits in times when we most need it. I have even witnessed a lot of random acts of kindness happening to people at this time of the year. I have heard it happening to my mom back in Texas as well. There are so many people who are willing to extend a hand, and yet so many who turn the other cheek.

I think of Mary and Joseph finding a place to stay and how the innkeeper turned them away thinking that they couldn't pay, and how he felt after doing so. Especially when he heard a baby cry. I love that story, and it makes me cry every time! No matter what has happened in the past, no matter how a person may look, no matter if it is a stranger or someone you've known for even a day...it's so important to try to help others in times of need. Especially during the Christmas season.

I know I've had my share of blessings come from helping others, hence blessings being bestowed upon me and my family. I will always do my best to let others know that I will help them in any way that I can. It doesn't have to be with money or worldly gifts...it can be with just expressing love for that person. Just as Jesus Christ fed his sheep, my hope is that we can do better in feeding His sheep.

May we all do better in feeding the Lord's sheep not only during the Christmas season, but throughout all the days of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment