REPLY

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Flashback Christmas Photos

I didn't grow up taking pictures with my immediate family for Christmas card photos until I had my own family. I didn't start distributing Christmas cards with a photo until I got married. I didn't start enclosing updated letters in the card with a photo until the year 2003. I never felt the need to let others know about our life because it seemed less important...until I had children.

As my children grew up I have enjoyed writing, and keeping my friends and family updated on our life and all the things that are going on with them. Especially now that we have been living on the east coast for almost five years now. It deems important to me to keep others updated. Now that I have a blog it seems easier to let everyone know (including the entire universe) what goes on in our daily lives. Sometimes I don't blog about every single thing in detail every single day, or anything too personal (that's what a journal is for), but I try to blog about the most significant moments that have occurred thus far in our life.

Our Christmas card photos have always been the smiling, making sure the kids hair is combed properly, and that we don't look like we are cross-eyed, half asleep, or mad. I want us all to be happy and looking like we came out of a magazine.

For the past 17 years I have been pretty pleased with how our past Christmas card photos have turned out. There were even times when we were our own photographer! 

Just take a look...
When it was just the two of us... taken in Provo, Utah 1994
and then it was the three of us...Salt Lake City, Utah 1997
ALONE-Salt Lake City, Utah 1998
with Sierra for five whole years- San Antonio, TX 1999
and then we had Lexie- Mapleton, Utah 2000
We had these two to ourselves for another five years...SLC, UT 2003
and then Chelsea came along-SLC, Utah 2005
Which made us THE FAB FIVE for four years living in North Carolina- 2006
still in North Carolina -2007
and then we moved to New Jersey- 2008

and with Noah we became a family of six- New Jersey, 2009
One of my favorite Christmas photos in New York City, NY-2010
This year we did a collage of individual photos for our card, and will post it on Christmas Day.
We love sharing our family photos as well as what life has brought us each passing year. I appreciate all the cards that y'all have sent via snail mail (my favorite means of communication), Facebook, & emails. We wish y'all a Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2012. 

Let's see what the new year brings, and to come up with an idea for our Christmas 2012 photo without having to imitate anyone's ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment