REPLY

Thursday, December 8, 2011

An accordion book

These are accordion books. In our church I am what you call 'the go to girl for crafts'. I don't mind because I actually miss having a scrapbooking club, and so this gives me the opportunity to keep up my craft and scrapbooking skills. 

We have been having a lot of families moving in and out of our ward lately, and so every time a family is about to move out, I make one of these. I am not a perfect scrapbooker or crafter, but I love to make things out of cardboard and card stock. Give me that glue gun and I am on a roll! 

If you think these are cute, and you would like to make one for someone for a baby shower, a wedding book for guests to sign, or even as a birthday card (you can even add pictures in it) for all your friends and family to write something inside...here are the steps into making one.

*You'll need at least three pieces of card stock, different types of scrapbook paper, ruler, scissors, a glue stick, at least 18 in. of ribbon, and this should match the colors you use for the book. 

*Cut three pieces of card stock so that you have three perfect squares. Most card stock is 81/2 in. You can make your book any size, but it needs to be equal on all four sides. 
Glue the three pieces together, overlapping one square on each paper. The corner diagonal folds should be parallel to each other. 

Once you have these glued together, then you start decorating the individual squares and triangles. Leave the squares on the far ends as your cover pieces so don't glue any paper to one side. You can glue a square to the other side. You will need six squares and the rest are triangles. After all these are done you need to do the covers.
For the covers I just cut out cardboard from a box (2-6 in. squares) Then glue the cardboard on the center of the paper square. Fold up the edges and work in the corners. A squash fold is the best way to go. Glue the ribbon at the mid way point on the book. The square without any paper is where you want to glue it. Then glue the cover over the top of the ribbon and the cover on the other side.
 I love this card stock with the birdies on it! 
I obviously wrapped it like you would a Christmas gift. I used hot glue so that it will last a lifetime!

Glue the ribbon at the mid way point on the book. The square without any paper is where you want to glue it. Then glue the cover over the top of the ribbon and the cover on the other side.
TA!DA! Hope y'all can make one for whatever occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment