REPLY

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Because I am your mother.

Sierra, this past year I have noticed you...my ever loving, sweet eldest daughter, standing on your own two feet when it comes to making your own decisions, and in standing up for your beliefs.

One thing I love about you is the way you handle any unfortunate drama of any kind whether at church or at school. You have developed a unique tolerance in how to handle any kind of conflict, and have seen how well you've handled confrontations. Everyone knows how cordial you are to anyone that crosses your path.

I have witnessed how great of an influence you are when others are around you, and it shows in their countenance. You truly have that unique touch of lighting up a room with your contagious laughter, and lovely smile in which one would probably envy. I see the way you channel your love to others, and how they in return extend theirs.

For those who don't give you the time of day (which is very rare) will never know how great of a friend you can be, and they are totally missing out on a true friend.

Your boldness in the way you exemplify your talents is amazing, and I love how you and Lexie have a strong bond of sisterhood.
And how you and Noah have a beautiful relationship as a sister who is fifteen years older than him.
And no matter how much Chelsea can be a thorn on your side...you still manage to show her that unconditional love.
I have missed your blog so much because it was always putting an extra smile on my face, but I know that you've been mega busy with school, church activities, extracurricular activities, writing essays, applying for scholarships, and filling out college applications. Not just one, but seven.

For some people living the lifestyle of a mormon can be hard...especially at your age. It can really be a challenge because there are so many of us who although we share the same beliefs we still have different opinions.

There are some of us who are born into the church, and some who are first generation members (like me.) There are also those who quite don't see eye to eye, and some who just don't "get it", or never will.

No matter how our fellow mormons (including me), and nonmembers live their life, know this...

What matters are the choices you make, the life that you live, and how in the end all that will matter to your Father in Heaven is how you lived this life in being a kind, and loving person.

Always remember that the Lord is perfect, and not the people.

I know how much you love being a member of the LDS church, and inviting those in sharing the gospel. You love everything that it teaches you, and have so much knowledge when it comes to the scriptures! The love you have for the Savior is beautifully shown through the four walls in your room with pictures of Christ, the temple, and a list of your friends birthdays with a stack of stationary laid out on your dresser. It is shown in the way that you sing, and through your countenance.

Being that this is your senior year I am going to take advantage of my time with you, and want you to know that no matter which college you decide to go to that I trust you. I know that through prayer you will be guided to the right one. I have faith that you'll always make the right choices in this life.

I have complete trust in you. I trust you because of how your father and I are raising you. I trust you because you are true to yourself. I trust you because you carry a heart so strong, yet it has so much room for tolerance, and forgiveness.

I trust you because I'm your mother.
Continue to strive hard in following the true principles of the gospel, and live your standards so high that people will wonder & ask, "Why is she always so happy, and different?"

Trust in the Lord, and you will blessed beyond measure.

Enjoy your last year of public high school...you only get to experience it once!

2013 will be your year!

Loves & likes you-

mom

P.S. Try to keep your blog updated once you leave for college...okay?

1 comment:

  1. Awh thanks mom! Don't worry, I'll definitely keep my blog updated when I go to college! Love you!

    ReplyDelete