REPLY

Monday, December 31, 2012

2013...I'm ready.

I am beginning to love the start of a new year. Partially because I'm beginning to realize that as I get up there in age along with our kids that each year is deserving of a fresh start. It is another chance for me to put more energy into the things I feel I neglected, or didn't quite accomplish. And although I feel that I may never accomplish certain goals that it's okay, and life goes on.

As I look back at the past 40+ years of my life I have to say that this year has been the most challenging...with a family. I am extremely grateful for all the challenges that I endured throughout my life because without all those lessons I learned I wouldn't be the woman, sister, daughter, wife, friend, and mother that I am today.

This past year was filled with many fun-filled adventures. We also had a few minor trials, but nothing that we couldn't handle. One thing for sure is that we have learned so much from them, and I will take everything I learned from each trial with me in the years to come.

We survived a hurricane, and extended a helping hand to those who lost a lot from that unfortunate demise, and even though we were carless for four months we still managed to make numerous trips to the places we love that are so close to home:

Trips to New York City
Palmyra in upstate New York to see the 75th anniversary of the Hill Cumorah pageant.
Trips to the beach.
Washington D.C. for Sierra's birthday.
Mystic, Connecticut to eat pizza.
Bushkill falls to name a few.

I even had a childhood friend come visit me for a week!

Those adventures are the shared joys in life, and so far I have wonderful things happening in the new year in regards to our children. Particularly our eldest daughter.

So far she has been accepted on a part scholarship to Southern Virginia University, and is a part of the All South Jersey Choir.
Alexandra was selected to be a member of the All South Jersey Orchestra and she will be performing on stage playing the violin in front of an audience. She will be turning 13 one week after said performance, and she couldn't have asked for a nicer birthday present.
We have our youngest daughter being baptized into the the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on January 20th (mark your calendars), and she has been waiting for this day since birth!
Noah has become an avid train lover, and I extend my thanks to all those thoughtful friends who gave him trains for his track this Christmas.
And last, but not least we hope to get some snow (otherwise we will drive further north to play in it!)

The Lord has been good to us this year, and we know that after all that has happened in 2012-whether good or bad that the year 2013 will bring forth a great future.

We are all looking forward to a fresh start of what's to come in 2013.

2013...we are ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment