REPLY

Thursday, December 20, 2012

"i love you mommy"


December is a very special month for us because we have three special occasions that we celebrate within two weeks of each other. 

Our wedding anniversary, my husband's birthday, and CHRISTmas. One thing that these special days have in common is the word "LOVE."

Words can mean so much coming from a three year old. It is at this age where their annunciation is much clearer, and more meaningful to the point where they actually might understand what the words mean. 

For the past few days Noah has been uttering four words-"I love you mommy" in a very clear sentence. It melts my heart every time I hear him say that. It's so clear, and when he says it with that beautiful smile of his it brings me to tears. My first boy whom I love so much. It makes me truly grateful to have you in our life. 

I can see why my mom loves my relationship with him, and why she constantly reminds me to never take him for granted. She didn't have that bond with my brother because she didn't raise him. Nonetheless my mother did her best in those short 18 months of raising my brother before my grandmother took over. 

I am cherishing every moment with him whether it's vegging on the couch while watching a little bit of television, cuddling with him on a cold winters day, or lamenting over his small tantrums in the store when he doesn't get his way. 

His small arms around my neck giving me a peck on the cheek then saying "I love you mommy" makes me so happy. Happy because I'm raising him, and because he is so much like his father...always joyful. 

These two are so goofy, and have some so much fun together. It's nice to now have two young boys tell me that they love me every day (sometimes more than once.)  
It's ironic that Noah has been uttering those four words more frequently since the tragedy in Connecticut happened. I never want to miss a day in not telling any of my family members that I love them, and I don't.

This is the time to reevaluate the small things that our little ones tell us, and to pay attention in all that they do...and I have.

My husband turned 42 yesterday, and he said to me that he wants to do just that. Our kids are growing up, and there is no time to waste. We must treasure, and take advantage of our time together, and just simply LOVE.

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."
~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment