REPLY

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12...a once in a lifetime event

12*12*12
When this great movie hit theaters three years ago Sierra said, "No...the world cannot end in 2012 because I am graduating in the year 2013!" I retorted saying, "Sierra, the world is not going to end. Believe me, because I thought it was going to end in 1999!"

I was ten years old when this popular track  hit the billboards in 1982, and always wondered if the world would end in 1999. Maybe that is why I literally partied like it was 1999 throughout my youth thinking that I was going to die. Little did I know that I would have my second child Alexandra in the year 2000, and what a beautiful gift she was for that year!

I don't think I'll believe any movie, or song of the world coming to end like I did when I was little.

Now it is December 12, 2012 and I am much happier now than I was in my teenage years. I am alive, healthy, and happily married with four children who are great kids.

It has been a good day thus far, and no matter what... we should still live for today doing good things as if it were our last. So if you are visiting a friend, getting married, celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or any special occasion make it a memorable one.
The year is almost to a close and I hope that we will all celebrate this unique day in a meaningful way for we will never have the same triple digits like this ever again....at least until Janurary 1, 2101.

No comments:

Post a Comment