REPLY

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

three generations.

I'm not sure how often my father in law reads my blog, but I am hoping that if he happens to read this post in it's entirety that he won't take it too personal, and that he will laugh. I honestly don't think he will because for the past 22 years he never seemed to take anything personal, and I think that is a good thing. 

Marrying his son was the best thing that ever happened to me, and after living with him for 20+ years I have to say that he and his dad are like two peas in a pod. They are goofy, and love to talk a lot. They are very personable, helpful to others, have a lot of knowledge with the scriptures, and have compassion for others. 


It makes happy knowing that with these two wonderful examples Noah will be just like them. It also makes me wonder how what kind of attributes he'll inherit! Goofy ones? I think Noah is on the right track, and that's a compliment! 


Pictures like these are priceless, and bring me a lot of joy. Simply because I didn't have any pictures taken with my father, and there is a reason for that. He was never around, and I think that is why I want to remember this day with these three wonderful faces. 


When I texted this picture to Jay he mentioned how he wished he would have taken a picture with his dad when Jon was little. Even Jon mentioned that they never took one when he was little with his dad, and grandpa.


Sometimes we don't think to take advantage of the time spent with family members, and in taking a simple photo that can be passed down to our posterity. I don't have any pictures of different generations on my side of the family, and I guarantee that this picture taking of different generations will continue. 


It's so important, and a beautiful moment when one sees a picture of different generations. These days it doesn't happen very often.


Looking forward for more pics of three generations on their next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment