REPLY

Thursday, February 14, 2013

its valentines day.

It's been a crazy week being sick and all, and I have to say that resolving to stay away from devices such as the phone & the computer was the best thing. I didn't really miss it, and it felt so good to be taken care of by my kids. Even though they have a lot on their plate right now they set their own issues aside to make sure their mom is okay.

And I am.

I have been spoiling the kids buying cupid hearts from Dunkin this past week. I hardly ever buy them except on special occasions. What I really should be doing is baking sugar cookies, and I think that'll be next on my list once I feel 100% better. It's kind of hard to do that since I don't really bake that much.  For now I'll just get store bought! 
I love cards! No matter how weak I may still feel I managed to send out cards to those I love and care about. I do this every year, and it is scary to say that snail mail is becoming a lost art. 

Not with me!
I stayed up late finishing up Chelsea's valentines day cards. She wanted to do them with me, but fell asleep. She gets so giddy when holidays come up. Especially one that deals with candy. She had fun while I tried to capture the perfect shot. She didn't want her arm looking too crooked. It's the same card she did last year, but whoa...she looks a tad bit older! I think we'll do this every year to see how much she's changed throughout the years, or at least until the kids get tired of eating snickers!

As much as I forced myself to write, glue, cut, lick, mail, peel, making and sending valentines because I'm still getting over the flu...it was all worth it. I didn't throw any big party for my kiddos, but they know that those three simple words "i love you", and a huge hug will suffice.
*Candy, donuts, and brand new Toms are a bonus too*!

*Happy hearts day*!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of this Valentine's day celebration. You are adorable, girl!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TJ! I always appreciate your kind words! xo

      Delete