REPLY

Saturday, February 23, 2013

utes or the cougars.


Back in early January a dear friend surprised us with a lovely gift for Noah. He felt that he was being deprived of the Utes so he sent him a swoop pillow pet

My husband bleeds red, and I personally don't bleed either color. For those of you who are not familiar with the universities in Salt Lake City, and Provo, University of Utah, and BYU are big time rivals! I am not a BYU or University of Utah alumni so I wouldn't care less which pillow pet Noah likes the best. I'll watch the football games, and I'll cheer for whoever is having a good year, but other than that fighting over teams is silly, and too fanatic! 

Well, last Christmas my in laws bought Noah a cougar pillow pet, and when he opened it up he seemed pretty content with it, but when he saw the bright red colored animal with a yellow beak that looks like an angry bird out of the box he squealed with delight. Jon, and I then held each of the pillow pets, and asked Noah which one he preferred. 

Guess which one he chose? 

Swoop!
Jon was like, "YES!", and I was like, "please dude", and Noah just snuggled with it, and wouldn't let it go. Every time we'd give him the cougar one he would toss it to Sierra. 

Is that a sign? Is her little brother telling her she can have it to take with her when, and if she decides to attend BYU? 

Last night, we found out via email that she has been accepted to BYU in Provo.
We were all thrilled (still are) and are so excited for her. The look on her face was priceless. I can't imagine how she must be feeling right now caught in between numerous colleges that she has applied to and has already been accepted. Not sure which one she will choose, but wherever she goes I will try my best to support her decision. It is all up to her as to what university she chooses that has a good music program. 

BYU, SVU, and Rowan are all very good schools. She is still waiting to here back from at least five other colleges including the University of Utah to see if she has been accepted. She'll then have until May to make a decision.

I didn't have too many decisions to choose from back when I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. I attended a two year college, and that was it! Someday I'll write about my short college life, but right now it's all about Sierra, and I definitely wouldn't want to be in her shoes! 

All i know is that she'll have a lot of praying to do. 

One thing for sure is that if she decides to attend BYU she'll have cougar the pillow pet to make her feel at home. Oh wait...she's a Utah native, and was born there. 

We lived there for 10 years so it is familiar territory for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment