REPLY

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

hip chics.

I never thought that I would ever take pictures of me in a dressing room, or any room in front of a mirror, and then post it on the internet. Let alone blog about it.

This picture was sort of unexpected, but there is always a first time for everything. So here we are my eldest daughter and I inside an Urban Outfitters dressing room taking a picture of us adoring our newest purchase.


I actually think this pic is kind of cute except for the fact that I have no makeup on. I don't usually shop at hip stores like Urban Outfitters, or Forever 21. Besides, I personally think the clothes there are for the younger generation. Not that I'm old, because I don't feel it but there are clothes in there that I personally wouldn't wear. 


As much as I love being in my 40's there are times when I get tired of wearing yoga pants, and plain t-shirts. I really don't like dressing like your average frumpy stay at home mom, but I'll admit there are times when I do. 


This was Sierra's doing, and so she wanted to check out Urban since we haven't been there in like forever. I'm glad I obliged to go in the store with her because these sweaters caught my eye, and you know what-they actually have some really nice 'modest' clothing in there right now. Sweaters are always modest, but seriously...we fell in love with them. 


We love color, and being of spanish decent it kind of looks very ethnic, don't you think?


Shopping with Sierra is always a treat because it reminds me of the time when I did a lot of shopping with her when she was little. She was an only child until she was five, and always bought her every thing under the sun. If there were five blouses in every color I'd buy all of them for her. If there were five headbands with different colored bows I'd buy them all. Believe me, with two incomes and one kid you can buy them pretty much anything they wanted. I pretty much spoiled her. 


I also remember color coordinating our outfits everytime we went out. There were times when I'd also buy matching outfits for her and her sister Lexie when she was born. It was so cute. Now we mostly do thrift, and consignment shopping than retail. Every now and then I will treat them to a brand new outfit, or accessory and pay full retail price.


This also brought back memories of my mother when we would go shopping. I noticed that she would shop more for us than herself. I know that my mother sacrificed a lot for me, and my sister to get us the things that we needed, and I am now doing the same for our kids. 


Having three girls, and a three year old son whose had a love for clothes since he was about one can get pretty expensive, but if you know how and where to shop, have a good eye, and wait for sales to come up at the right time you can find some pretty good deals. 


I am lucky that they have also developed a love for thrift, and consignment because in those stores you can find treasure after treasure in which no one will have. 


But on this night it was Sierra's turn, and because she is such an outstanding person, and is doing well in her senior year with all that she does at home for me she deserves it. 


Venturing out doing wish shopping whether it's at a nice boutique, a thrift store, mall, or 5th avenue in Manhattan is worth the fun. 


You never know what what your going to leave with. In my case...it was a place where I thought only teens and people ten years younger than me shopped, and I left with a really, really nice sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment