REPLY

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

reading, & a vine addiction.

Currently we are playing catch up on a lot of reading around here. Whether it's reading back issues from the Ensign, New Era, & The friend magazines to just good books. 

I wrote a while back that I have been reading Les Miserables, and oh my goodness...that book is so good, and so detailed as to how the priest came to be so giving. It truly has a spiritual aspect to it. It'll probably take me even longer to finish it since I have found this mysterious book to read.


It's times like this when I have a book that is as thick as the bible to read where I wish I was like Dr. Spencer Reid in Criminal minds. He reads like what...20,000 words a minute. Wow! If I  had that talent I could finish Les Miserables in a day!


With these two in the house most of the time, I really want them to read more than watch movies. I've been spoiling Noah in watching too much disney because of the temperatures being so cold. 


I found this book called Goodnight ipad, and we absolutely love it. It truly is meant for the young, young, generations, and I find that the more I read it to the kids the better they understand when I say, "we need to say goodnight to all electronics for the night, and read more books." 


Noah loves it!

He'll scoff at some of the pictures in the book, but he sure does love it. I totally recommend it for toddlers. Especially those who already know how to use an iphone, and computer! 

He sure had fun showing off his books to grandpa when they were here recently. He wanted him to read to him, and grandpa obliged. It was so nice to see them spending quality time reading together.

After too much reading has been done, and we are burned out on too much technology (don't think that'll ever happen according to Noah) I'll let him go off on his phone to play with his cars & trains while Chelsea will play the piano. She really does love to play, and she is just like her sisters...I NEVER have to tell her to practice.

Or we will also have fun making six second videos using the #Vine app which I am so addicted too! Yes...I know that's media, and I am guilty of spending too much time on that app. But it is the coolest, and I have so much fun using it! It's only available on the iPhone so if you have one get the vine app, and come follow me at a harmonious combination! 


You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment