REPLY

Monday, September 16, 2013

a back to school letter.

Six days have passed since school began and from the looks on your faces when y'all came home I saw all the goodness that it brought. 

Chelsea, 

I loved when you came home all excited with a huge smile telling me how much you love your teacher already, and how happy you are that you stayed in Jersey so that you can see some of your friends that were in last years class. You are at an age where it wouldn't have mattered where your 3rd grade year began, but deep down I know you were excited to stay.

Lexie, 

I know it's a bit of a shock that we're still here because I know you were just as anxious to move  as I was (even though we shouldn't be.) To begin another chapter in our life of making new friends in a new town, and different ward in the church. I know how much you loved the area we looked at in Connecticut and how excited you were to have met some of the young women in the church up there. I know how much you loved the school you would have been attending, and the fact that we'd be closer to Boston so that you we could constantly take drives through Harvard University, and explore more history there. But as you know life throws us these challenges, and The Lord is keeping us here in Jersey for a reason. 
On a good note all of your classmates at school were delighted to see you on your first day!! Funny how some of them thought you lived in Connecticut and then moved back within two months. Mr. Nichols sure is a funny guy to have teased them that way, and I could tell that he is ecstatic that you are still here to give more action to the band, and to finish the year off with a bang. Your name will be on that plaque, and you will be known for the goodness that you shared! You'll leave some legacy girl!

People in our community love you both so much, and I'm sure the teachers are so happy to have the Jorgensen girls still lingering around to brighten their days. 

*****

Little Noah,

You are not so little anymore. You were so looking forward to carrying your backpack, and walking to the bus stop with your sisters to attend preschool, but luckily you don't turn four until November which means I have you all to myself for the rest of the year! You still get to walk with us to see Chelsea off at the bus stop, and your turn for that will be here before we know it! I am going to enjoy every minute with you each day, and promise that I will do my best to make them fun for you! You'll be spoiled wearing your p.j.'s and hunter boots until noon (unless you'd rather go to the park earlier.) 
I am so happy that all of you had a wonderful first week at school and that there were no frowns, tears, or complaints of any kind. You two are strong like your older sister, and are going to do great just like she did. 

Remember to just be yourself, don't ever forget where you come from, and stay strong in keeping your standards high. People love you for who you are. You all have friends who respect and love everything that you are, and in what you believe in. 

Have a fabulous school year, and enjoy your last year of middle school Lexie. 

Chelsea...keep giving that smile to the teachers to brighten their day. You are magnificent! 

Noah...don't drive me crazy, and keep me sane because boy...you are so much fun to hang around with! 

xo, 

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment