REPLY

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

42 will be special.

"Happy Birthday" were two words that Chelsea and Noah kept uttering for a whole week straight. My dear friend Ceyda came to visit me bearing all kinds of gifts from kitchen towels to bath and body products, making me and my house feeling loved.

For years I used to say that my birthday is just like any other day, but I refuse to feel that way anymore. I refuse to feel like each day is like any other day because each day is different, special and unique. I am the one that makes life my own, and if I want to do something or change something about myself that is going to help me become a lovelier, more "better me" then I'm going to be like Nike, and "Just do it!


These days my life seems to be flashing too quickly right before my eyes, and thinking that my birthday is like any other day is like saying you being born in this dispensation means nothing. It's a scary thought sometimes you know...getting older. Having wrinkles slowly creeping into the corners of your eyes knowing that your best friend will be the crows feet that you'll be seeing in the mirror every morning. Noticing the gray hairs that are visible from 5 feet away. Not being able to finish a snickers candy bar, or digest spicy food properly. Tums are always in stock at my house! Using that clarisonic so many times a day that the bristles are begging me to move to a much clearer face, and begging ladies at the makeup counters for samples of "all about eyes". It's a bit freaky, but knowing that I'm eight years away from turning the big "50" is a bit overwhelming to me. Then again...I have a daughter in college so why don't I feel that old.  

It's because I'm not. 

When I turned 40 I wasn't afraid...at all. I was actually looking forward to it, and so far these years have been treating me great. Stress, and living life worrying about every little thing is meaningless. It's not me, and I refuse to allow any of that get in the way of the life I'm living. I'm sorry, but I had enough of that in my earlier years. 

No...so far this year has been a great challenge. Even though Jon lost his job this summer I managed to have my first article  published in the Deseret News, have one of my dear friends from Utah visiting for my birthday, a new calling in the church that'll help me grow spiritually, and kids that are healthy, happy, love school, and are pretty wonderful. 

So in my 42nd year I am blessed more than words can say in making each day wonderful, and celebrating my birthday is not like any other day. 

It is special. 

Happy birthday to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment