REPLY

Thursday, September 26, 2013

a simple birthday.

My birthday this year was low key...very low key. There were no extravagant trips taken on this day, no eating out at a five star restaurant. Just simplicity and love with a lot of cake and sweets to fill my home until Halloween! Having taken Ceyda to explore my corner of the world for the past few days was fun, and exhausting at the same time that I decided to keep it simple on my birthday.  

It was just me, three of my children, Jon, and my dear friend Ceyda from Utah who has been visiting me since last week. It was a very special day being that I spent it with family- minus Sierra. She did call to wish me a happy birthday though, and posted the sweetest sentiment on my facebook wall yesterday. Hearing her voice always makes me smile, and then when I hung up I silently cried for awhile. I sure do miss her presence. 

Jon decided to make this yen and yang cake for me and I had no idea how it turned out until it was time for me to blow out the candles. It was tasty, and we all had more than one piece. 

These kids are the greatest, and they all hovered around me to sing me the birthday song. Jon was our photographer, and even vined six seconds of my little posse singing.

I can't believe another year has come and gone. At my age, and having these kids growing up as fast as they do makes the years pass even faster. Makes me a little sad sometimes, but it sure is fun watching them grow up, and seeing them change. 

I am looking forward to what 42 has in store for me, and I hope that it's going to be a great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment