REPLY

Friday, September 13, 2013

love them sopapillas!

This past summer one of my girls favorite things to do was staying up late to do a little late night baking, and experimenting with recipes that they found on Pinterest. Luckily for me I bought this awesome cookbook, and it was worth every penny! I heard these women both speak at a time out for women last year, and they were so down to earth with a great sense of humor. And boy do they have some amazing recipes!! 
I never documented this specific night, and because I'm missing Sierra's sopapillas I've decided to put it on the blog. Maybe some of you may want the recipe for this delicious Mexican dessert, and decide to try it. 

This is definitely not a food blog, oh no! I'm only sharing because I am missing my daughter and her delicious baking. Lexie took a huge role in it because she mixed the dough, and Sierra was fierce with the rolling pin in making the perfect squares.
I'm not one to bake, but I do know how to make cupcakes! Hey...just because I'm mexican doesn't mean that I can bake everything under the mexican sun! Luckily my daughters take an interest in cooking and baking because of their abuela, and their dad. My gringo of a husband loves to cook! 

Here is the recipe for the sopapillas in case you don't want to buy the Best Bites cookbook!

4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking pwder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons shortening
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 quart of oil for frying

1. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and shorting. Mix in water until smooth. Cover and let stand 30-40 minutes. 

2. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 3-inch squares. Heat oil to 375 degrees F. and fry until golden brown. Serve with cinnamon sugar or honey.

Delicious & enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment