REPLY

Monday, September 2, 2013

our labor day weekend.

This labor day weekend consisted of spending a lot of quality time with Sierra who is now officially settled into her dorm, and will officially begin classes this week. I am one proud mom because she went to her singles ward yesterday, and met a lot of awesome people! She even has an official ride to church! There is no need for a vehicle for her when you live in the city, and spending money on cabs every Sunday, and Wednesday to attend church and institute class each week will add up so I am very pleased that she has been blessed with a ride to church.

I don't think we will be driving into Philly as much as I'd like. We've pretty much spent the past three days there helping her settle in (except today.) I don't want to smother her too much by checking up on her every three seconds. I need to let her go, and let her have her own space. We raised her right, and know that she will make wise choices, but the second she has a music performance we will be there in a heartbeat! 

*****

What is it with the rain on Labor day? It rained on Labor day last year too. Instead of venturing out to do something fun with the family before school starts I realized that one of my dearest friends has been in the hospital being poked & pricked with needles due to blood transfusion since last week. 

She is such a trooper, and after seeing two of her co-workers visiting her I was a little jealous. I knew that instead of texting a sweet message, or even calling her that we needed to visit our friend. 

And we did. 
She is Chelsea's primary chorister teacher at church, and boy did she miss her! 

I think we both needed this visit. We think that everyone is okay with a simple text or a message via Facebook, but sometimes a personal visit is what we need. The cure to having a better day, or even a better life! It's the littlest things that make someone happy...even if its just for that moment. I have long since realized that with all the trials we've faced in the past, and are facing now that there is always someone out there who has it worse. 

Even though Jon is out of a job right now our focus is on others, and of course searching for employment, but when we lose ourselves in service our lives seem to be better. 

We are much happier.

This day was extremely special and I wouldn't have exchanged it for a trip to NYC, the shore, or even the playground (even if it didn't rain!)
Kudos to Jordan for taking this photo, and praying that you go home tomorrow Shanna! 

Love you, and thanks for making me laugh today! Y'all are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment