REPLY

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Noah in September.



Noah is my technology baby, and so far he has surpassed Chelsea in a field where game playing, and word games reside. Luckily there is more to life for him than being surrounded in a world that is filled with technical devices, media, and things that a kid shouldn't have to tolerate.

Luckily he has us as parents to teach, nurture, and to comfort him. Sisters to play with, hug, and sometimes torture

And then there's the outdoors.

Having gone on a few road trips this summer I had been giving in a lot lately with giving him my phone as entertainment while we go on errands or drives that are an hour long. I know that's my fault, and luckily he's one kid who will politely ask, "mommy, can i play with your phone?" "pleeeeeease mom...just for a little bit." I mean seriously. If you heard the way this kid speaks, and asks for something you can't say no to his cute face. Especially when you hear that sweet little voice of his.

Thing is that I'm not one to just give in and immediately give him this device that is making him super smart because not only does he play Despicable Me minion rush, but he also plays educational word games with puzzles. He is amazingly well at it, and we now have all these people following him on the game part. Weird because I don't really play games nor do I care for them, but I know that it makes him happy when he plays.

Well, now that school is back in session I am trying my hardest to not have him play on my phone or on the computer too much. I'm surprised he hasn't attempted to sneak into our room to turn on the mac while its sleeping.

When the girls leave we'll watch a little bit of cartoons, have his Robots movie fix, snack time, and will then attack his toy bin. There are moments where he'll nonchalantly sit at the piano, and start playing some off beat tunes. Even though he doesn't play yet he'll tap (not pound) on the keys, and there was a time where it sounded as if he was actually playing a melody. I wish I had my phone on hand to have vined it!! See...the phone is good for some things!! Being alone with him for a few hours everyday gives me the opportunity to pay attention to every detail of my almost four year old.

Thing is we're not hermits, and we like to have some recreational time. As a mom being archaic is the best feeling, and I sometimes miss those days before he went on this tangent with playing games on iphones and ipads. Venturing outside, and taking him to the park is his most favorite thing, and mine.
Fall is just around the corner, and after getting a much needed haircut yesterday we ventured out into our little wilderness where he played with sticks, chased squirrels, and threw rocks into the lake.

Reading statuses on Facebook about the most recent shooting disturbs me, and although I am one to follow up with current events, sad news like that is something I try not to focus on too much. 

I'm just grateful that we can escape the "things of the world" by going outside, and taking in all of Gods beautiful creations and to be glorified in its presence. It makes me extremely thankful to be alive.
Seriously...who needs the television, and all those technical devices when we have the playground, and each other to keep us entertained, but most of all to make us smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment