REPLY

Thursday, September 12, 2013

ready for autumn.

You'd think that these kids were at an amusement park or something the way they were riding the rides on the playground, and by the looks on their faces I'd say they were having a really good time.

Even though Lexie is 13, and in eighth grade she still has the heart of a six year old and loves to include herself in playing with her younger sibs.

First of all can I just mention how perfect the weather was this past Saturday. It was ten degrees cooler than it has been since the week started. I think September is having a slight heart attack with this heat we've been having. Luckily today is the last day, and hopefully the temps should be in the 70's by tomorrow! Yay...I am so ready for autumn!

The kids had a blast at the park and were there for about an hour (or more.) I'm not sure...I actually took a little nap underneath some shade on a blanket while Jon took over the reigns for a while.
Lexie took a little break from playing with all the little kids, and grabbed her most current read and found some shade underneath a tree. I love this pic...it looks like something you see out of a Norman Rockwell painting. 
Noah decided to take his monster truck with him, and give it a test drive on the grass. He loves taking his truck everywhere he goes, as well as wearing his green boots. I'd say he's ready for autumn, and some rain!
He then noticed I was laying down, and decided to run over to me to give me a hug in which I've been desperately needing these days. 
Since Lexie was done with her book she decided to capture the moment (with my not so cute face!)Thanks Lexie. 
September days have been pretty cool except for this heat that we've been having. Not that I loathe the heat, and sometimes I wish we could go back to summer, but it is September and I am ready for a change. 

I am ready for the leaves to change, go pumpkin picking, and have my house smelling like autumn spice. Drink apple cider without my stomach hurting from drinking too much, and go apple picking. Have picnics on a flannel blanket in an area where we are surrounded by fall foliage. I love taking Noah to the park in cooler weather so our time there can last longer. 

Autumn brings so much joy just like summer does when it first begins, and now I'm ready for it.

I am ready for autumn. 

**How is the weather in your neck of the woods? I heard it's been raining in Texas....

No comments:

Post a Comment