REPLY

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

making music part III.

Ever since we moved here five years ago Lexie has been blessed with wonderful violin teachers. Lindsay, Madeline, and Sara were the beginning to Lexie's success in how far she has come in playing the violin.

We love, and appreciate music so much. So much that our house literally sounds like a music hall. Since Sierra has been gone there hasn't been to much piano playing, but there is certainly a lot of violin playing. 

I usually cancel lessons for the summer, but this year I didn't. I put time in for Lexie to take lessons once a week, and managed squeezing in time throughout all the traveling we've done. I can tell that music makes the girls happy, and that going to their lessons is an accomplishment, and a goal.

A goal knowing and hoping that if they continue to keep playing that they can be the best pianist, and violinist this side of Jersey. In my eyes they are. They are hardworking, and practice so hard. Lexie is my violinist, and she loves playing. It has been a great summer because she continues to improve on her technique, and having a great teacher makes all the difference.

Once again we said goodbye to Sara as she is returning to NYU again. I was worrying about finding another teacher on short notice with school starting soon. Luckily Sara gave me the number of the woman that taught her since she was seven.

We met with her the other day, and we got along really well. This woman is very knowledgeable, and sharp! Her credentials are impressive, and has taught for 30 years. She is very experienced and was blown away at our recent trial lesson she gave Lexie. She is a sweet lady, and someone that I feel I can look up to as a mother.

I vined a little bit of her playing here, and her first lesson with her went well. I know that with a teacher like Ms. Alice Lexie is going to learn more, and perhaps more throughly. There is no perfect violinist, but really good violin players, and I believe that Lexie will get to that point with Ms. Alice in hopes that she will make it into the All South Jersey Junior Orchestra again (and maybe even play like Lindsey Stirling someday!) 

Lexie with Ms. Alice
Music is the key to happiness, and heals the soul. Without it life would be boring. I know that Lexie feels lost without her violin in tow. Listening to the strings fiddling in the background is soothing, and helps me get back to me. Having music in the home is an important part of our life, and we will sacrifice a lot to have the girls continue to play what they love.
Lexie & Sarah
We all need music to escape these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment