REPLY

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

just the two of us.

So I tried to get Noah enrolled in the same preschool program as Chelsea was in when she was four. It would have been perfect because they would both be attending the same elementary school except...Noah won't turn four until November. 

And I wasn't disappointed. 

As a matter of fact I took it as a sign. A sign pointing out to me that I need to continue to stay home to raise this little boy. To be with him every hour of each day nurturing him, playing trains, and building legos with him, watching cartoons with him, taking him to the playground, and cuddling with him on the couch while watching one of my 'happy movies'. 

Making his oatmeal for breakfast, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (or corn dogs) for lunch. Reading with him, coloring with him, playing chutes and ladders with him, and maybe even squeeze in a nap or two (if he'll still take them) with him. 

I want to take him out to explore new places in our part of the world in our own backyard. I want to teach him to ride a bike, and not just a tricycle, but a big boy bike. And when autumn leaves begin to fall to the ground I want to take him on walks to see the beautiful colored leaves just like we did last year. 
It is a choice that I am making to stay home with him, and the best one! I love this boy, and he is my world. Especially when I have him all to myself.  

Time flies when you are a parent in your forties, and having a toddler running around only makes it pass by quicker. I want to make our years count together while he is still young at heart. While I can still hear his sweet little voice telling me "I love you mommy" in the cutest most tasteful Jersey accent.

He is my tiny friend who will always love me unconditionally, and give me hugs and kisses when I need them. 
And I know that I'm going to need a lot of those in the days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment