REPLY

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

a daddy daughter date: dinner at Chili's

January can be a somber month with gloomy weather with no sun for days, and we have been having a lot of those lately. Throwing our tree out onto the curb to be picked up for recycling this week seemed to be the official end of being in 'christmas mode'. Having two daughters with birthdays that fall three weeks after Christmas gives me something to look forward to which helps me get out of the rut of this gloomy weather, and helps me snap out of my winter blues. January seems to pass us by pretty quickly, and I think it's because of those two special birthdays.

It seems as if Chelsea was just baptized yesterday. Now she's nine, losing her 'young' voice, and beginning to sound a lot like Lexie which is scary. Where's my little girl? She's growing up way too fast leaving me phone messages that sound like something her sisters would leave. Last week she called while we were in the middle of lunch, and I didn't get to my phone in time. She left a very impressive message. "Mom, I kind of ripped my black leggings, and I have a hole close to my butt mom...my butt! If you can please bring me my red pants that would be great. Thanks mom." If I could somehow put her voice mail online for all the world to hear I would. The sound of her voice was cute, funny, and oh so serious! She really is growing up!

Chili's had a worldwide daddy/daughter date day yesterday, and Jon took advantage of the perfect opportunity of taking her out on a date. Chelsea has always bugged us to take her on a one on one date to a restaurant and well she had her dream date with pa yesterday. She was especially lucky that this event took place during her birthday week!

And she had fun. 

^^ Free pumpkin spice caramel cake dessert, and it was devoured in two seconds! ^^
^^ The balloon man came in and made a guitar for her. He even added a string to it, and sang "happy birthday" to her! She loved it! ^^

Jon said she was so excited and happy that it was just the two of them. She really loves him. I see it in the way she's with him at home. She always runs to him first when it comes to helping her with her homework, tucking her in bed, story time, and playing games. It doesn't bother me at all that she's a daddy's girl. I mean...isn't that the way it should be to some extent? Daughters looking up to their fathers when it comes to certain things. I am happy that she has that strong bond with him as the rest of our girls do, and that we are keeping up our resolution of having one on one dates with our kids. 

Last week Jon and Lexie went to see the second movie of the Hobbit. They are such book nerds especially when it comes to books that have been made into a movie. If any of you have read the Hobbit the movies are pretty close to the books. I so love that we have daughters who are completely different in personality. 


And they sure love their pa! 


No comments:

Post a Comment