REPLY

Monday, January 20, 2014

an inspiring weekend.

Ever been to a movie where you leave with all kinds of thoughts, wows, & 'aha' moments? Well Saving Mr. Banks was like that for me. It was brilliantly produced & if I could have five minutes with Walt Disney & Pam Travers in the next life I'd be one happy girl. 

This movie was such an inspiration to me. It resonated with me in so many ways. Having three father figures in my life was quite the experience & you know what...I'm glad I endured every thing that I experienced while having all of them in my life. 

While Ms. Travers had one father she loved him in a way that was filled with wonder & portrayed him in her book as if he were her hero. The love she had for her father was overwhelming, and one of a kind. 

This movie was mystical & magical. Magical because it's based on Mary Poppins. Throughout all the adversity & heartache this woman went through as a child her thought process on how to recover & endure from her experiences was admirable & remarkable! She had an imagination like no other. An imagination where she was able to endure & escape on how to deal with traumatic experiences. I don't want to give away too much of the movie but I'll tell you this. It has motivated me to write my own story in ways where a young life that was filled with heartache can be turned into something magical & beautiful. 

And then seeing the trailers of Son of God & Heaven is For Real right before the movie began prepared me for the tears that came later!

Next to the sound of music, Mary Poppins is by far my favorite musical. My kids can watch it over & over again & seeing it on broadway was fantastic!! Getting a glimpse inside this woman's head as to her coping with her childhood was touching. And as Walt Disney said "don't dictate your life by living in the past." Is something that I have learned. 

Go see Saving Mr. Banks. Better yet, own it!

*****
Attending Kate's missionary farewell was a grand end to my weekend. I love going to missionary farewells & homecomings because they definitely put me back in full 'missionary mode' not that I served a mission, but it encourages me even more to speak up, and share this wonderful book.  Listening to her speak on how she chose to serve, & where she was spiritually before making this decision was very humbling. And I'm so pleased with her decision. 

We live in a world where everyone needs saving. A world where negativity is prevalent & different forms of parasites are roaming the earth to destroy the goodness that's inside of us. We can mend the world by doing something good & when it comes to sharing the gospel..life is fulfilled, and the world seems like a happier place. 

I'm thankful for those who are called to serve The Lord to share his gospel.  

Good luck Kate! See ya in 18 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment