REPLY

Saturday, January 18, 2014

'the cake'

This past week has been so busy with the girls having extracurricular activities after school including a free trip to the Franklin Institute that we neglected to do 'the cake' on the 'day of' their birthday. So last night we officially had their small celebration with 'the cake' & it was quiet & fun. It was especially funny when we began singing happy birthday to Chelsea because the number nine began falling down. I couldn't help but to laugh...LOUD! You can watch that that video here.

I had been debating on having two separate cakes for the girls this year, but Jon was like, "that's too much cake honey", & I agreed. 

When Chelsea was in her toddler years we'd always buy her a 2 inch round cake & make one for Lexie. Now that their older we've either made cupcakes for Chelsea & a cake for Lexie. This year we made one whole cake for the both of them. We individually sang 'happy birthday' to Lexie & Chelsea & then switched the candles. It was less stressful, there was less baking, & it worked out nicely. You know I'm glad...because when I found this note on my blender from Chelsea that morning it made me happy to know that they both love dark chocolate icing. 
And mandatory pictures of their reaction when they saw their cake.
For those of you who have twins or kids with the same birthdays how do you celebrate? Do you make them individual cakes or just bag it & take them out to dinner where the waiters sing 'happy birthday' to them & hand them a dish of ice cream. Or like me...make one cake for the two of them? 

Pray tell...it's interesting to hear how others celebrate when kids have the same birthday. 

All I know is that I'm grateful for having girls who are easy going when it came to 'the cake'. 

And they seemed very pleased.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment