REPLY

Monday, January 6, 2014

the desires of my heart.

I have been thinking a lot about the resolutions I have made for this year, and it's sad to say that I have broken one of them. The 'mean mom' came out of me this past Sunday morning...right before church. Not the way we like starting out our day especially while getting ready for church, but chaos broke out in our house, and I wasn't too pleased with that. 

To begin with church begins at 9am now which I actually love, but my youngest daughter had a hard time waking up. She is such a night owl, and prefers going to church at 11:30. I struggled with her to the point where I had to raise my voice. Okay...no sugar coating on this blog. I yelled. I had to explain to her (again) that we rotate the time every other year with the other ward, and that this year church for us begins at 9am. The first couple of Sundays of the year are always hard. I think that having Noah in the mix calms our house down. All I have to do is look at him, and he puts a huge smile on my face. He glares at me as if he's telling me to calm down. He actually did tell me that "my voice is too loud" at one point. That was a 'whoa' moment for me. Maybe there is a reason why he is born last! He is such a stud, and loves getting dressed in the morning. No problems with that little guy (or my two teenagers!) 

Second of all I slipped and fell on the steps as we were walking out of the house, and almost sprained my right foot. If it wasn't for Lexie hanging on to me it could have been a lot worse. Jon suggested that I stay home, but because I was teaching I didn't want to miss church. I cleaned myself up and off we went. 

As soon as I entered the foyer of the church I immediately felt that overwhelming feeling of peace. The peaceful feeling that brings in the spirit of God, and the desires of my heart. I saw my visiting teacher in the hallway and gave her a great big hug. The glow on her face uplifted my spirits. I quietly stood outside the chapel as prayer was being said, and then quietly walked in with my family. We sat in the front pew, and I knew that I was supposed to be here. That I wasn't supposed to miss church. To grow, and learn. To serve, and fellowship. To partake of the sacrament & renew my covenants. To bear testimony...and to teach. 

It was fast Sunday and testimony meeting, and every month I always have the desire to share my testimony of the savior. I stood up to share the minor mishap of our morning and the love that I have for the gospel. 

Testimonies mixed with a story were born by my fellow brothers and sisters and they were all mostly about scripture study, being guided by the holy spirit, temple work, and overall the love we each have for the gospel. It seemed as if every one who stood up there has a goal for the year to read, read, read the scriptures. That is good, and that is my goal as well. Especially since we're studying the Old Testament this year. There is so much for me, for all of us to learn. The gospel gets better with time. The more we read and learn it...the better it gets. It truly is a timeless gospel. 

Everyone's heart is good, and it feels good to know that we all attend church for the same reason. I'm sure that we all have different desires, but i believe the one desire we all have in our heart is to do better each week we attend. I hope that with time, prayer, & patience my teaching skills regarding the gospel will improve. I'm no gospel scholar, but have a lot of love to share. I have the desire to always be there for my fellow man. To be able to share parts of my life (if it has anything to do with the lesson), & and I will do it in a tasteful, and tactful manner. Luckily I bought this book to help me throughout my lessons and to become more familiar with the Old Testament. So far it is a life saver!

I have the desire to want to help others, and be a better mom. I know, i know, there is no perfect method, or recipe for motherhood, but in the eyes of God...I not only want to please Him, but my children as well.  

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father stood by my side all the way up to the pulpit that morning with a throbbing foot to share my thoughts, feelings, and love I have for the gospel, and to have endured three hours of church. 

In spite of a rough morning the day ended well. That was the main desire that was in my heart from the moment I woke up. 

And I made it through...I made it through. 

**Hope you're week is a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment