REPLY

Friday, January 24, 2014

missionary love.

There is something very special about having the missionaries who serve for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints come into our home to give a special, spiritual message of Jesus Christ our Savior.
They instantly become family members & are guaranteed never to be forgotten even after they get transferred, and/or have gone home. Just ask this beautiful girlthis lovely lady, and this spunky girl whom we miss so much. Every time they come over you definitely feel a 'happy' spirit (as my youngest daughter calls it.) You immediately want to share your life story with them, offer your services in any way that you can when it comes to missionary work, and just want to be there for them in any 'spiritual' way.  

These lovely girls are between the ages of 19-21, yet I feel so comfortable talking to them about anything and everything (even though I'm in my 40's). Perhaps it's because I was their age when I got baptized, and the remembrance of that special day will never be forgotten. I sometimes feel as if I'm still 'investigating' the church because every time they come over I get these flashbacks of when I used to have them over my house as an investigator. I love, love it when they come over with a spiritual thought, and then add a fun game to it! The spirit is especially fun as we converse with them over dinner, and if you have them over for a Family Home Evening it's even more fun because our kids can pick on them instead of us parents to read, & comment on the lesson they are teaching.
We recently had the sisters over this past Monday for dinner, and FHE. It was a bittersweet 'farewell dinner' because one of the sisters was transferring to a different area. I am so glad we were able to have her over two days before her departure (& the day before the storm hit!) She is amazing, and the love she has for the gospel & in serving her Heavenly Father is unique. All missionaries no matter how old they are or where they're from whether they're new in the field, or about to return home carry a uniqueness within them that in some way surpasses my own. I love bringing it into our home. I love conversing with them, laughing with them, playing spiritual games with them, learning more about Jesus Christ, and discussing ways on how we as a family can be strengthened in keeping a gospel centered home. 

No matter how old I get, I know that having the missionaries over will help me to continue to learn, grow, and to be reminded of the promises I made to my Father in Heaven 21 years ago. Having them over never gets old. It's not an obligation, and when I don't have them over for awhile my withdrawal kicks in. That's when the spirit nudges me to let me know that it's time to have them over, & to never forget them. How grateful I am for the missionaries who leave their families for 18 months or two years to serve the Lord for free! 

Blessings will be fulfilled throughout their lives for doing so. 
And that is very humbling to a woman like me.

**If you are interested in meeting with the missionaries you can go to this website. They serve all over the nation, and can be contacted anytime! 

Have a wonderful weekend & stay warm! 




No comments:

Post a Comment