REPLY

Friday, January 17, 2014

the franklin institute.

It seems that the older the girls get the less gifts they get...and that's okay. They've never had a major birthday party, and if they did we've only invited close friends, and family. But this year it was extremely low key, and the girls didn't mind...neither did I.
The fact that we had a free bus ride, and admission to the Franklin Institute was a good enough gift for them. They absolutely love that place, and it surpasses all the times we've gone to the Please Touch Museum. The fact that it is educational and has all things scientific makes Lexie one happy camper. She loves Science, and anything that has to do with the Respiratory system. If you haven't been to the Franklin Institute, it's at the top of my list of things to do while in the Philadelphia area. 
I didn't take as many photos because I myself am amazed with this institute. I love it, and could come here periodically. I like to enjoy myself with my family, and pause to look at the reaction on my children's faces. I can tell when something amazes them, or catches their interest. 
 ^^ Noah's favorite part of the institute was the space command center and exploring all the gadgets inside this steam locomotive. ^^
^^ check out this helicopter outside the building...Noah sure loves it! ^^

This institute has various events and a new exhibit of something educational and right now they have an exhibit called One Day in Pompeii. This exhibit shows artifacts that are on a loan from a museum in Italy. It is amazing the exhibits they come up with! We also saw a 3D film about the animal kingdom in Kenya, and that was Noah's favorite. It showed all the animals in Africa, and how I learned that a hippo is very territorial, and how crocodiles sneakingly await to stalk their prey which are zebras when they cross the water. I'm glad they didn't show anything graphic such as the 20 foot crocodile catching one! Noah loved watching the animals, but was not too fond of the glasses. I don't think I'll take him to a 3D movie anytime soon because he couldn't keep his glasses on! I did manage to capture a photo of him wearing them right before the show began.
We have been here many times before, and it never gets old. Coming here a few times a year (especially when it's free) is a plus. It's such a fun thing for the kiddos, and I am extremely grateful that we have museums like this close to home. 
'Twas a good evening with our family of five. (miss you Sierra!)

No comments:

Post a Comment