REPLY

Monday, January 13, 2014

Ceyda's baptism.

About a month ago I received a text from one of my very best friends telling me of her baptism date, & I was so excited for her!! Unfortunately I missed it. I had just seen her a couple of months earlier and because her baptism was during the holidays I couldn't go out west to witness her special day. 

Last week she texted me a photo of her baptism day and...oh my gosh! Just look at her. If you knew this girl eight years ago and saw all the changes, along with the triumphs & trials she had to learn & overcome in order to get to where she's at you would think "wow...she's really come a along way!" 

And she has. 

Ceyda is one of my dear friends whom I've  known for eight years now and I'm just so happy that she made this decision in her life.

Sharing my beliefs to her eight years ago without having a clue as to how to share it was awesome. For those of us who've never served a mission, attended seminary or grew up in the lds church we tend to shy away when it comes to talking about religion & Christ. I have then since realized that it's not hard to share the gospel, or be a friend. I learned to be a friend first & to let them know that my first priority in this life is 'to love'. To share the love that I have for God & them. To share with them that life is good & that there is a purpose in this life for all of us. 

I will always remember the first time I met Ceyda & how sweet & shy she was. Having her visit us for eight days last September was so much fun. Her example and personality was filled with confidence, and it was amazing. She wasn't this shy girl anymore. Her face glowed with a happiness that seemed all too familiar to me. She reminded me of how I was 21 years ago after I joined the church. Her behavior tells me that she has found the true meaning of happiness within her life. It's humbling to know that my example had a lot to do with her conversion & that is really touching. I am also thankful for those missionaries who taught her & never gave up on her. 

I am thankful that I never gave up on her. 

Heavenly fathers plan is unique & while we are living our mortal lives in a world that is so corrupt with negativity it's good to know that as long as we trust & believe in His plan of eternal life that we can be happy. That if we do what is right we can be able to handle that negativity with strength, and the Lord will be by our side for assistance.

Life will never be perfected, but having the love of Heavenly Father permeating throughout our entire being will help us to want to be better every day.

Patience, love & yearning for change will help us get to where we need to be in this life. 

Hearing that Ceyda was going to be baptized was full circle for me knowing that the missionary work that I strive to do as a member of the church was accomplished. Again...I'm so glad I never gave up on her. 

And I'll tell you something else. It is a tearful & wonderful moment knowing that you are going to be with one of your best friends for eternity. 
All we have to do is to continue to live our life that is pleasing to the man above.

No comments:

Post a Comment