REPLY

Monday, June 20, 2016

A Be-Lated Father's Day Post.

I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by without wishing Jon a wonderful father's day on this little corner of the internet. Even though this post is a day late blame it on endless driving and arriving in the wee hours of the morning because our Father's day this year was the bomb. We were surrounded by a fantastic group of amazing friends who are like family. 

Spending the past five days in North Carolina was absolutely what we needed before moving into our new place, and we are so grateful that we were able to spend it with some pretty amazing people. 

I just wanted to reflect on all the father's all over the world, and express my gratitude to my husband. I have to admit that there are times when I am guilty of not making him feel super special, and even though he tells me that it's okay not to buy him anything, I still somehow make it up to him by surprising him with kind words with a handwritten letter mixed with a lot of thankfulness. I remind my children to always recognize their pa on this special day because without him we wouldn't be where we are today. He provides, loves, cares, and dedicates all his needs after we have met our own. He's amazing with the kids, and I am forever grateful to him for being the person that he is. He truly is a strong pillar of strength in our household. He tells me that I strengthen him, but sometimes it's the exact opposite. He strengthens me. Why, and how you may be wondering? By his example. He is kind, patient, laughs at things that shouldn't matter (which we all should), he lets go too easily of petty things (which we all should), and forgives in a heartbeat (which we all should, and actually do!) He has a number of admirable traits that I love about him, and because he's so good at keeping them helps me to better myself in those areas that need some working on! So thanks Jon for being who you are!

What a wonderful day for fathers to be celebrated, and I hope that from here on out that we will pay more attention to them not just on fathers day, but all year round. Same goes for our mothers on Mother's day. That could be something that can be hard to do because like a quote I read, "when we get older, we forget that our parents are getting older, because we are getting older ourselves." How true that is. Even though I don't have a father figure in my life I will remember those who are. Whether they're my friends, neighbors, and because I never had a good role model of a father around...I will always do my best to remember my father in law as well.

"A Father's calling is eternal, and its importance transcends. It is a calling of both time, and eternity."
~Ezra Taft Benson

Here's hoping everyone had an amazing Father's day weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment