REPLY

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Remembering On Memorial Day.

After blogging about Noah's spider-man costume I neglected to mention how we spent our Memorial day holiday. In all honesty because of the dreary weather, a school project in which Lexie and her partner from school had to finish (they worked on it from 10-1:30), and a slight headache (which I rarely get) we decided to stay close to home. It was about 3:30 on Monday when we decided to leave the house, and take a drive towards mirror lake park to take the kids out so they can release some wiggles, and relieve some end of the year school stress. 
Although it may have looked as we were having a blast on my snapchat with the kids at the park, we did remember those who have served our country, and continue to sacrifice their lives even today. I'm especially grateful for the talks we had at our church service this past Sunday in what we can do to remember those who died for our freedoms, and how we can honor them. 

There have been times when we've actually gone to Valley Forge, Washington D.C., and even New York to express our gratitude to those who have passed on, and to remember. To remember the importance of this holiday, and to teach our kids what it's all about. That it's not all about the picnics, and the bbq's, and going to the beach. But that it's about those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in order for us to have our freedom so that we can be able to do all of the above. 

I'm so happy that we make the time as a family to bond, and teach our kids about life, and what all the holidays mean. Especially when it comes to the government, and soldiers in the military. We have the fourth of July coming up next, and then Labor Day. Those are important holidays that deal with our freedom as well, and it's so important to remember them. 
So grateful for our freedoms, and for the all the opportunities that I have as a mother, and person to be able to do what I want, when i want. Especially when it comes to exploring places. The love that I have for my country no matter how messed up it may get I have learned to love, and deal with it. To know that I can spend time with my family for free is something that I will never take for granted! 

Hope your Memorial Day this year was memorable, fun, and meaningful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment