REPLY

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Timeless Gospel



I was hoping to attend the graduation for the 2011 Seminary class as well as writing about it this past Sunday, but due to an ailment, only half of my family went. My husband and eldest daughter attended, and today I am writing about this rewarding evening for those who completed four years of early morning seminary.

I know for those who graduated that evening were clapping their hands with a fullness of joy because they completed four years of early morning seminary. I'm sure it was an indelible moment for them. We had a total of 16 students in our stake graduate who completed four years of seminary, and four other students who attended at least 1-3 years of early morning seminary.

My husband will be going on his fourth year of being a seminary teacher in our ward, and he absolutely loves it. I honestly don't think this calling is meant for a lot of people. You really have to be gospel centered to be able to teach the youth of the church. I commend, and respect my husband because for 180 days each school year he will wake up everyday at 4:30 a.m. There are days he will come home late from work, and still make ample time to prepare his lessons. The Lord has blessed him with the gift of teaching, and to have the knowledge of the scriptures so that he can be able to teach the youth without any jadedness. My daughter who will be a junior in high school this fall loves attending seminary with her Dad, and says that he banters quite pleasantly.

Our Stake President loves to challenge the youth with the scriptures in the Doctrine and Covenants. He has been doing this for many, many years, and yet he has the ability to remember the scriptures. My husband  mentioned to me how President Corbitt said "the gospel is timeless", and how important it is for us to study it. We are the link to the past and present, and we need to make sure we understand the gospel, and live it. Our children looked upon us from the spirit world then and now, and they want us to make the right decisions. They do not want to be ashamed to come down and have us be their parents.

When my husband mentioned President Corbitt's strong words, it reminded me of what I was being taught when I was investigating the church. I never thought that we lived in the spirit world before we came down to our earthly parents. It makes sense in all that I have endured throughout my life realizing that there are spirit children waiting for that perfect moment to come down to join "a" family. I have four that have come down to join mine, and I can tell that my most recent addition to our family came down clapping his heavenly hands, and arrived at the right time. I know that he is very pleased with the outcome of having three wonderful sisters to love him. I know that all our children are pleased to have us as parents. It's amazing to know that there are more spirit children willing and waiting to join other families. I hope that each generation from ages 20 to 40 are ready to raise them accordingly to the words and teachings of our Savior Jesus Christ.

It's a new chapter in the lives of our seminary graduates, and I know that it will be a great one if you lead your life with the gospel, and with the guidance of our Heavenly Father.


"It is difficult to imagine life without the gospel of Jesus Christ; learn it, love it, 
but most of all...live it."

Congratulations Class of 2011!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment