REPLY

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Farewell to Elementary School

Just to let y'all know I don't have any favorites among my kids. I try really hard not to have a favorite. I told myself that when I grew up, got married, and had kids that I wouldn't favor any of my children. I told myself that I would treat them all the same, and I do. If I write highly of Alex it's merely because she truly is magnificent. She is VERY INTELLIGENT. This year she accomplished so much for her age. A few of my friends believe she is older because she shows maturity for being 11. I remember a friend who had Alex in her class at church during Sunday school back when we lived in Utah, and she told me she acted like she was six...she was three at the time! It almost seems as if she was born obedient.

Alex had her awards ceremony earlier this week, and has accomplished so much since September. She is now Jr. High bound and is very excited. She plans to be super involved with her studies just as she was in elementary school.  She is not afraid to put herself out there, and help others in her class as well as her teachers. Her teachers both past and present have told me that they recognize her as a special student who demonstrates exceptional maturity, scholastic merit, and leadership ability at her age.

When we lived in North Carolina, her 2nd grade teacher nominated her to attend the National Young Scholars Program in Wake Forest University. Not everyone had this opportunity. They only nominate those who have a high level of maturity...so if you think Alex is mature now, imagine how she behaved when she was seven!! Not a lot of seven year olds exemplify a high level of maturity!

This year she was in the top three of her class, and excelled in making the A honor roll throughout the whole year. Next year she will be in the EXCEL program which is a program for high achieving students.

Age has never been a barrier to leadership. I believe that if children apply themselves...with the help of their parents being heavily involved in their academics, have the potential to serve as future leaders in our country.

I have faith in all my daughters, (and Noah) that they will have the natural ability to lead, achieve and to excel in everything that they do.  They all have the strength of character and leadership ability that will enable them to get the most out of their education, and out of this life.

Way to go Alexandra!

 Keep up the excellent work!

No comments:

Post a Comment