REPLY

Monday, June 6, 2011

L.O.V.E.

"I have always considered tennis as a combat in an arena between two gladiators who have heir racquets and their courage as their weapons."
~Yannick Noah
"I have always considered tennis as a combat in an arena between two gladiators who have heir racquets and their courage as their weapons."
~Yannick Noah

The past few days the weather has been comfortable ranging from 75 to 88 degrees without too much humidity. I wondered if I could have toughed out the hottest day last week which was on Wednesday at 101, and not turned the A/C on, but I did. I turned off the A/C, rolled up all the windows of my house the next day, and pray that I don't have too turn it back on anytime soon. I just love the breeze coming in through our windows. Having ceiling fans in every room helps a lot!


These days are perfect to play tennis. The tennis courts at Sierra's high school are locked up after a certain time. Fortunately, we found a nearby tennis court where some of our friends live, and we used their court on the premises.


Lexie has become a pro on the court playing against her sister, and I have to say that at her age... I WAS VERY IMPRESSED!! She is a natural athlete!! She has good eye coordination, and hits the ball a little too hard. She went out of bounds a few times, but that's too be expected for a first timer. Nonetheless, she did great. Sierra is happy that she has a full time tennis partner. We can now play doubles, me and my husband against two of our daughters! Chelsea had fun getting the balls, but after a while she got tired of running to get them.
Sierra will be in JV (or Varsity depending on how well she does during the scrimmage) tennis this fall, and she is excited for the season to begin. She LOVES tennis and has really improved since she began last year. She yearns to practice every chance she gets, and it helps when the weather is nice. She looks forward to summer practice with her fellow teammates, and tolerating the humidity.

She looks forward to winning more games this year. She reminded me of Boris Becker when he said, "there is nothing I wouldn't do on court in order to win." She remembers how it feels to play in hot, humid weather, and all the grunting and running that comes with it. "It's part of playing tennis, and I have a LOVE for the game", she says. 

Ohhh... how it feels to be 16 again, and to tolerate the humidity. The humidity drains me at my age, but watching my daughter play tennis is worth all the sweat that streams down my face. I'll make sure to wear a hat, and drink plenty of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment