REPLY

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spiritual Healing

"Always do your best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse and regret."
~ Miguel Angel Ruiz
Trying to endure to the end is a little hard to do when you are sick. Especially when you are trying to serve others and do your church calling the best way that you can. It was in the middle of the day this past Friday when I literally felt a tingle in my throat which turned into a bad cough, hence losing my voice. I may have to blame it on being in and out of air condition in this high humidity (at least that is how I've become sick over the years), trying to do so many things for my family & friends all at once, and adding on a little bit of stress. I have not been this sick in over four years, and today I missed church. I know that I need to rest, and make myself well so that I can be able to serve others. This past weekend I noticed a few people serving us, and I became aware of the little things that I sometimes take for granted which has made me feel especially grateful for them today.

*Small things such as leftovers. One will usually whine about eating leftovers, but when you're sick and don't have the energy to cook, having two self sufficient daughters that can feed themselves, and a husband who can cook is a blessing. Leftovers are a blessing. I am grateful to have kids who are not picky eaters.

 *My husband's work. We only have one car at the moment, and I consider myself lucky that Jon's work is a 15 minute bike ride or a 40 minute walk. I was so weak on Saturday that I couldn't pick him up from work, and so he walked home. He didn't mind... he said it gave him quite a workout walking in this humidity.

*My neighbors. Some of my neighbors call me the "revolving door", and pretty much know when I am home. If they see that the car is parked and see no sign of me or my kids...they'll come to my door to see if I need rescuing.

*Technology...I never thought that I would say this but I am actually grateful for recording devices so that in case I miss a very good talk at church my better half can record it for me on his iPhone.

*My sisters at church...I love them all. When my family came home from church they mentioned a few sisters who asked for me. That made my day. I also received a few texts from my sisters asking how I'm feeling. That also made my day. I received a sweet phone call from my daughter's new Young Women President to ask me if I needed anything, and I just read the most genuine Facebook message from one of my favorite sisters...that completed my day.

My middle daughter took this photo of me and Noah. As soon as they all came home, guess who was the first person to jump onto my bed and fall asleep in my arms...
 After listening to my family telling me about their day and the talks that were given, I felt as if I was there in spirit. There is just something about attending all your meetings (which in our church is three hours), that uplifts your soul, and rejuvenates your spirit. It's not about the association with your brothers and sisters (although that is nice too), but for me, it's about what you get the most out of the talks, and hope that I can apply that to my own life, and pass it on.

1 comment: